What is Radically Rural?
Radically Rural is an annual two-day summit that brings together hundreds of passionate leaders from rural communities and creates a place to discuss the opportunities and challenges of rural living. Radically Rural 2019 features nineteen? sessions across its six tracks, including a collaborative session on Marketing and Branding for all industries.
Leverage the platform Radically Rural has built to expand your network with other leaders in your industry. Share your organization’s mission and work with attendees from around the country who are interested in bringing your big ideas to their own small towns. Take advantage of Radically Rural’s national marketing platform with your organization represented on our website, in event advertising, marketing materials, and banners. Find out how you can participate below:
Radically Rural annually attracts over 400 people who are active in their rural communities around the country. In 2018, approximately 30% of attendees were from outside of New England and that number is expected to grow. Attendees come to share and shape their ideas of rural living and create solutions to their communities’ challenges.
Speaker Information and Guidelines:
Benefits of Participation:
- Complementary Full Experience Ticket
- National marketing platform
- Paid Google Ads
- Social media (Instagram, Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter) reach to over 100,000 people
- Email marketing reach to over 10,000 people
- Recognition at event and event reach to over 500 people
- (Airfare) and a hotel room (up to 2 nights) will be reimbursed by Radically Rural; submit payment to Track Leader, payment will be made the 2nd Monday following submission.
Speakers’ Role in Radically Rural:
- Send Track Leader bio and headshot
- Prepare materials for session
- Send presentation/materials to Track Leader
- Have presentation/materials saved to at least two (2) places that will be accessible to you during your session
- Arrive 20 minutes prior to the beginning of your session for any last-minute preparations
Tracks & Sessions
Arts and Culture
The arts and culture bring creativity, energy, optimism and civic engagement to rural communities. They are also surprisingly robust economic development engines in rural areas.
Entrepreneurship has a powering impact on regional prosperity, generating employment, and creating local value and wealth.
Consolidation of newspaper companies, the closing of newspapers, and a reduction in journalism jobs have put small town journalism in the cross-hairs.
It’s a sense of belonging and community as much as it is a location. Main Street means businesses are owned by people you know, friendly neighbors, quality, and unmatched customer service.
Connectivity to the landscape, sustainable agriculture, and creative stewardship of natural resources are critical for thriving rural communities.
Marketing and Branding